All Candidates must participate in a service project each year of Journey. These requirements have changed, so please read carefully.
The requirements for your completed service project are listed below
1. You must do a service project EACH YEAR you are registered in Journey. Since Journey is a 3 year program that means you will do a total of 3 different service projects before confirmation.
2. You will need to let us know when each service project is completed by filling out the form below.
3. This is between you and God. If you lie about having completed a project you are not lying to us, you are lying to God and His Church.
4. Your service project must serve both God and other people (yourself and/or family do not count). Service must be done outside of your family. Doing the dishes is not a service project, it is a chore.
5. Your service project must be a multi-day project. (we do not count hours but think at least eight hours spread over two or more days)
6. In order to qualify as a service project there must be some kind of personal sacrifice on the part of the candidate.
7. We would also like the service project to contain some element of the Corporal/Spiritual works of mercy. Click on the following link to read about the Corporal Works of Mercy. Click on the following link to read about the Spiritual Works of Mercy.
8. Participation in extracurricular activities such as, sports teams, ASB, band, etc. does not count as a service project.
9. Your service project must be completed during your preparation for Confirmation. Service done four or five years ago is great, but does not count for this requirement.
10. All required service projects must be completed before April of your final year of confirmation preparation.
Yes, these guidelines are vague. Pray about where God is calling you to serve and then go out and DO IT. The service requirement is not just a hoop to jump through. It is an opportunity to be Christ’s hands and feet. As Catholics service should be a lifestyle, not a chore.